Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi has been rocking the Nepali smartphone market since its inception in Nepal. Most notably, at present Xiaomi’s Mi Redmi Note 3 is still one of the most popular smartphones in Nepal. After the successful launch of Redmi Note 4 at the 4th quarter of 2016, Vatsal Impex (Official Distributor of Xiaomi in Nepal) has announced that Xiaomi Mi 5s will be available for pre-booking from tomorrow (January 3, 2017).
The phone will be available for pre-booking starting from tomorrow till January 6, 2017 for Rs.45,999. Afterwards, Mi 5s price in Nepal will be hiked and will cost you Rs.47,040 (Updated Price) in the market.
In order to book your Mi 5s online, you’ll need to go to this link and order the phone. And to place the order offline, you’ll need to visit Mi Showrooms (Labim Mall/New Road, Kathmandu) and other retail outlets of Mi Nepal.
Xiaomi Mi 5s Key Specifications
- Display – 5.15 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution – 1080 x 1920 pixels (~428 ppi pixel density)
- Chipset – Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821
- CPU – Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo)
- GPU – Adreno 530
- Platform – MIUI 8.0 Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Memory – 64GB internal storage, 3GB RAM
- Primary Camera – 12 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Camera Features- 1/2.3″ sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, auto-HDR
- Video – [email protected], [email protected]
- Secondary Camera – 4 MP, f/2.0, 1/3″ sensor size, 2µm pixel size, 1080p
- Connectivity – USB Type C 1.0, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), 3G / 4G LTE / CDMA
- Battery – Non-removable 3200 mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- Sensors – Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Colors Available – Gold
Mi 5 was one of the best flagships of 2016 and also one of the cheapest in the department. Xiaomi Mi 5s is just another improved iteration of the Mi 5 which has a better camera, latest Snapdragon 821 SoC, USB Type C 1.0 port and obviously better performance.
It is a good buy if you’re looking for a new phone for the new year at the promo price of Rs.45,999. But, I’ll be looking for some other options if I have to buy a phone for Rs.49,999. So, if you have been waiting for Mi 5s all along to hit the Nepali market, then this is definitely the right time to grab the phone.
Hopefully, we will be coming up with the review of the Mi 5s later this month. Till then, let us know what you think about the Mi 5s in the comments below.
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Mi Showroom, 2nd Floor, Labim Mall, Pulchowk, Patan
Tel: 01-5530604 / Mob: 9801123192
- Mi Showroom, Pako Newroad (Opposite of Tamrakar complex)
Tel: 01-4251672 / Mob: 9801100585