The Xiaomi 12 price in Nepal is Rs. 87,999 (8/256GB). The phone is available to buy at all Xiaomi authorized stores across Nepal.
The series was announced in mid-March 2022 by Xiaomi. Xiaomi 12 is the cheapest phone to feature the flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. In this article, we will be discussing the middle model of the series, i.e., the Xiaomi 12.
Xiaomi 12 Specifications
- Body: 152.7 x 69.6 x 8.2 mm, 180 g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.28 inches AMOLED, 1080 x 2400, 120Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 1100 nits (peak), Gorilla Glass Victus
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2, 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 256GB 8GB RAM, UFS 3.1
- OS: Android 12, MIUI 13
- Rear Camera: 50 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 12mm, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/3.06″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, 50mm (telephoto macro), AF
- Video: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, 720p@1920fps gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 0.7µm
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4500mAh battery, 67W fast charging, 50W fast wireless charging, Reverse wireless charging 10W
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, compass, color spectrum
- Colors: Blue, Purple
Xiaomi 12 Price in Nepal: Rs. 87,999 (8/256GB)
Xiaomi 12 Overview
The Xiaomi 12 has a similar design to the Xiaomi 12 Pro, with a metal frame and glass front and back. However, it is a more compact device, measuring 152.7 and 69.9 mm in height and width, respectively.
The sides are curved, which should make the device easier to hold. The device comes in two colours in Nepal: Gray and Purple. Unfortunately, the phone has no ingress protection.
It flaunts a 6.28-inch AMOLED Full HD+ display with a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate. The display supports HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision. However, unlike the Pro model, it’s not LTPO.
It’s topped with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. Xiaomi claims that the display is capable of delivering more than 68 billion colours thanks to its 12-bit colour display, which, oddly, is not mentioned for the Pro variant. The less expensive Xiaomi 12X also features the same display, making the two devices the world’s first smartphones to feature a 12-bit colour display.
Moreover, the display has a 480Hz touch sampling rate and a 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, and can reach 1100nits of peak brightness.
The Xiaomi 12 is powered by the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor. It has an octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2, 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510) CPU and Adreno 730 GPU.
Qualcomm claims that the processor boosts GPU graphic rendering capabilities by 30% and energy efficiency by 25% when compared to the previous generation. The phone is available with 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage in Nepal.
Furthermore, the device has a stereo speaker setup tuned by harman/kardon, with support for Dolby Atmos.
To help cool down the CPU, the Xiaomi 12, along with the other two phones in the series, packs a cooling system, bolstered by a large 2600 sq. mm vapour chamber and multiple layers of graphite.
The device features a 50MP primary camera capable of recording video up to 8K at 24 frames per second. Additionally, the phone is equipped with a 13MP ultra-wide-angle camera and a 5MP telemacro lens.
According to Xiaomi, the Xiaomi 12 and Xiaomi 12 Pro include Xiaomi’s proprietary ProFocus, which intelligently identifies and tracks objects, eyes, and faces, preventing blurry or out-of-focus images of moving subjects.
Battery and OS
A 4500mAh battery fuels the Xiaomi 12. The device supports 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging, and 10W reverse charging.
The smartphone comes with MIUI 13 based on Android 12 out-of-the-box.
Xiaomi 12 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Xiaomi 12 price in Nepal is Rs. 87,999 (8/256GB). It is available for purchase at all Xiaomi-authorized stores across Nepal.
When it debuted in Nepal in April, the price of it was Rs. 92,999. But on August 1, the company dropped the price of both the Xiaomi 12 and Xiaomi 12X by Rs. 5,000.
|Xiaomi 12||Price in Nepal|
Xiaomi 12 is a more affordable flagship phone from Xiaomi (in comparison to Xiaomi 12 Pro), featuring the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. It’s a compact device with a premium build quality and an excellent display. However, it lacks a telephoto lens and IP rating.
What do you think about the Xiaomi 12? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch our Xiaomi 12 Pro review in Nepali.