The Department of Roads is planning to repair and install traffic lights at various locations in Kathmandu. The department has plans to spend around 2 million for the project, which will include installing the traffic lights at more than 20 locations in the valley.
- The Department had repaired the traffic lights at New Baneshwor and Maharajgunj earlier. The repair was successful and the lights have been operational.
- The Department had also tried to install “Intelligent Traffic Control System”, however, the bid didn’t pan out.
- Smart Traffic Lights at Seven Places of Kathmandu
- Lack of Traffic Lights Deteriorates Traffic Management in Kathmandu
- Smart Surveillance Vans to Control Road Traffic in Kathmandu