The Nepal Army has signed contracts with eight private contractors to work on the Kathmandu-Terai fast-track project. It plans to sign 14 more contractors for the project.
- The project which was first intended to be given to an Indian company was later directed to be handled by Nepal Army.
- The project that has a 76.2 km road will reduce travel time between Kathmandu and the Terai. There are also plans to build a second international airport in Nijgadh at the end of the road.
- The tract will have width of 23 m in the hilly areas and 25 m in the planes. Also, 99 bridges are to be built along with a tunnel in Makwanpur.
- After the project is completed, the travel time between Nijgadh and Kathmandu will be reduced to 60 minutes.
- Currently the Nepal Army is working to clear forests in Makwanpur’s Budune area. From there, the work is to be done by contractors.
- It has set up nine camps near Nijgadh, Rajamdar, Thingan and Khokana to work on the project.
Xiaomi 13 Lite with Snapdragon 7 Gen 1, Dual Front Camera to Launch Soon in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Xiaomi 13 Lite is expected to launch in Nepal soon. The phone has a…
Xiaomi 13 Pro Pre-Booking Starts on March 23 in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Pre-booking for Xiaomi 13 Pro will begin on March 23, 2023. Xiaomi 13 Pro…
Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G with Dimensity 1080 to Launch Soon in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G is expected to launch in Nepal soon. The phone…