The Nepal Army has signed contracts with eight private contractors to work on the Kathmandu-Terai fast-track project. It plans to sign 14 more contractors for the project.
- The project which was first intended to be given to an Indian company was later directed to be handled by Nepal Army.
- The project that has a 76.2 km road will reduce travel time between Kathmandu and the Terai. There are also plans to build a second international airport in Nijgadh at the end of the road.
- The tract will have width of 23 m in the hilly areas and 25 m in the planes. Also, 99 bridges are to be built along with a tunnel in Makwanpur.
- After the project is completed, the travel time between Nijgadh and Kathmandu will be reduced to 60 minutes.
- Currently the Nepal Army is working to clear forests in Makwanpur’s Budune area. From there, the work is to be done by contractors.
- It has set up nine camps near Nijgadh, Rajamdar, Thingan and Khokana to work on the project.
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer with Google Assistant Launched in NepalExpanding its ecosystem, Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer 3.5L in Nepal on September…
Cheap Tecno Pop 6 with 5MP Camera Launched in NepalTecno has launched Tecno Pop 6 in Nepal. It is an entry-level smartphone. The Tecno…
GoPro Hero 11 Black with Larger 27MP 8:7 Sensor Launched in NepalThe newly announced GoPro Hero 11 Black is now available in Nepal. It was announced…