Pokhara Metropolitan has recently banned Facebook during office hours, reports Online Khabar. The ban has come into effect from Sunday, 1st April.
Why it matters:
- The ban was placed after the metropolitan received complaints regarding service delivery as employees were busy browsing Facebook during work hours.
- A similar ban had been placed in Karnali province last week, which has been effective since 27thMarch.
What they are saying:
- According to Information Officer Ashok Dware, employees would not be able to surf through Facebook during office hours starting from 10:15 am to 4:00 pm.
- Moreover, immediate actions would be taken against those staffers found to be surfing Facebook through mobile data packs, the Mayor said.
- Karnali Province to Ban Facebook During Working Hours
- Child Marriage in Rise in Baitadi Due To Facebook and Mobile Phones
- Nepal Government Made 29 Data Requests to Facebook in First Half of 2017
Fonepay Signs MOU with NMB Capital as IPO AdvisorHIGHLIGHTS Fonepay prepares to become the first fintech company in Nepal to go public. NMB…
OnePlus Pad to Launch in Nepal on May 29HIGHLIGHTS OnePlus Pad is set to launch in Nepal on May 29, 2023. It is…
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Hybrid Launched in Nepal: Three New Variants!HIGHLIGHTS Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Hybrid price in Nepal starts at Rs. 2.79 Lakhs to…