- UTL had taken a Unified license to operate basic telephone (GSM service) all across the country.
- According to the license, UTL was supposed to expand their network to 44 districts in first year and 10 more in second year. But 1.5 years after taking the license, they have not installed any new towers.
- Now, NTA has asked UTL to expand to 54 districts within 6 months.
- Similarly, Smart Telecom got its 4G license with the directive to expand their network to 18 districts within 2074 Bhadra. But, they only managed to expand to 9 districts.
- So, NTA has fined both the telecom companies, UTL and Smart Telecom, an amount of Nepali Rupees 5 lakhs as per the Telecommunication Act. It has also asked Smart Telecom to complete its expansion within 6 months.
- UTL Sold for 17 Arab Rupees
- Smart Cell Introduces Per Second Billing Plan on International Calls
- Nepal Telecom Launches India Call Pack
Collateral-free and Paperless “FoneLoan” is a New Drive in the Banking SectorThe lending landscape has been changing with the increasing adoption of digitization among banks and…
Draft e-Commerce Bill: Major Highlights and Issues Raised by the StakeholdersThe smartphone revolution and increasing internet penetration is creating fertile ground for the e-commerce market.…
Super Soco CUx First Ride: Judging a Book by Its CoverAfter its first unveiling at NADA Auto Show, Super Soco has finally entered the Nepali…
OnePlus 9 with Snapdragon 888 Finally Launched in NepalOnePlus unveiled the OnePlus 9 series on March 23rd and now the OnePlus 9 is…
Mi Band 6 with SpO2 Sensor to Launch in Nepal SoonXiaomi is set to update its fitness tracker lineup with the launch of Mi Band…