On 15th February 2018, a grant contract was signed by the ambassador of Japan to Nepal, Masashi Ogawa.
The grant is to provide latest diagnostic devices to International Concern Centre for installation at the Nepal Cancer Hospital and Research Centre in Lalitpur Metropolitan city.
The agreement was signed between the Embassy of Japan and Anjan Shakya, chairperson of ICC, an NGO.
Why it matters:
- Nepal Cancer Hospital and Research Centre is a specialized hospital for cancer, which has been offering services to more than 5,000 patients each year.
- With the assistance of the grant, the installation of state-of-the-art equipment such as portable ultrasound with an echocardiography machine for diagnosis, diagnostic devices for pancreatic duodenum cancer and a bronchoscope for diagnosis of lung cancer can be possible.
- The medical equipment will be used for both regular operations and the hospital’s rural outreach.
What they are saying:
- According to a press release issued by the Japanese embassy, the grant assistance amounts to USD 84,551 (approximately Rs 8.6 million).
- The embassy hopes that this project will contribute towards enhancing the hospital’s services to better serve cancer patients, and also strengthen the bilateral relationship between Japan and Nepal, added the release.
Samsung Mobile Price in Nepal (Dashain 2080 Updated)Samsung Dashain 2080 Offer Samsung has launched the “Samsung Mobile Chyappai, Scooter Jhyappai” Dashain campaign,…
Samsung Announces Dashain Tihar Campaign with up to 41% DiscountHIGHLIGHTS Samsung Dashain Tihar 2080 campaign underway. This campaign offers up to 41% discounts and…
Ultima Watch Magic Pro Review: Great Value for MoneyTechLekh Verdict Here’s a short version of the Ultima Watch Magic Pro review. It is…
Honor Mobile Price in Nepal (October 2023 Updated)Honor Dashain 2080 Offer Honor has launched the “Honor ko Bahar, Chaadparva ma Upaharai Upahar”…