Xiaomi is one of the most popular brands in Nepal. They mainly gained their popularity with the help of their bestselling devices: Redmi Note 4 and the Xiaomi Mi A1. Xiaomi’s devices have been consistent in giving you the best bang for your bucks. Just look at the Pocophone (it will be coming to Nepal too, don’t know when though). Right now, though it is a little late, Xiaomi is thinking of launching the Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite in Nepal before Dashain.
Xiaomi Mi A2 and A2 Lite in Nepal
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with a 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. The processor is the Snapdragon 660 which is backed up by an Adreno 512 GPU, which is good enough for all except demanding gamers. The RAM on this device will either be 4GB or 6GB. Multitasking to going to be smooth. You get an internal storage of 128GB with the 6GB RAM version and 64GB with 4GB RAM version.
The camera setup is amazing, at least on paper. You are getting a dual camera setup with a 12MP and 20MP sensors both with a f/1.8 aperture. On the front, you have a 20MP sensor with a f/1.8 aperture again. Powering all this is a 3010 mAh battery, however, this is a little less considering how much power this the hardware is going to consume. We have some reservations about the battery life of this device. The UI is Android 8.1 Oreo version.
SEE ALSO: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
Xiaomi Mi A2 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×2160 pixels (18:9 Aspect Ratio)s
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) Android One
- Memory: 128GB ROM, 6GB RAM or 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Dual:12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.9″, 1.25µm) + 20 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm)
- Secondary Camera: 20 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3010 mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi A2 Price in Nepal: TBD
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
The Mi A2 Lite is another phone that Xiaomi is thinking of launching soon. It has the same Android Oreo 8.1 on the inside as the Xiaomi Mi A2. It uses a 5.84-inch full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) panel with a 19:9 aspect ratio and a notch. Don’t worry, you have the option to hide it if you’d like to. The Mi A2 Lite has a Snapdragon 625 instead of a MediaTek processor. This is the same chip used in the Mi A1 that Xiaomi released two years ago. There is a 3GB/ 32GB variant that costs INR. 10,900 and a 4GB/64GB variant that costs INR. 12,999.
Here, you have a dual 12MP+5MP setup on the back and a 5MP sensor on the front. The battery has the capacity of 4000mAh which is significantly larger than the one found on the Xiaomi Mi A2.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Key Specifications
- Display: 5.84-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~432 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) Android One
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM (supports micro-SD card up to 256GB)
- Primary Camera: Dual 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25 μm, PDAF; 5 MP, f/2.2, 1.12 μm, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Price in Nepal: TBD
We don’t know the price of these devices right now. What we know is that they are going to be launched before Dashain for sure, probably before the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A. If Mi A2 phone is going to come at a price less than 30- 35 grand, this would be one of the best budget choice out there.
However, it should be noted that this phone would face an intense competition from the Nova 3i. The Mi A2 Lite, on the other hand, will probably cost around 25K, which makes it a sweet offer as not many phones at this price range are being released these days.