The Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project is sure to miss its set deadline of having at least one of its six turbines in operation by this July, reports The Kathmandu Post. So, the project has been rescheduled further to December. The overall project is to be completed by April of 2019.
- The 456 MW hydropower project is located at Dolakha and is being developed by Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA).
- In the December of 2016, the then energy minister Janardan Sharma had issued instructions to have one turbine running by July 2018, and all six by the end of the year.
- According to project officials, the poor state of road from Khadichaur to Charikot has given many difficulties in transporting heavy electromechanical equipment that need to be installed at the hydropower plant.
- This project was supposed to be completed by mid-July 2016 but the earthquake followed by the blockade and other issues pushed the date further back. Because of this, the project also incurred cost overruns from an estimated Rs. 35.3 billion to Rs. 42 billion. However once the national pride project is completed, NEA will be in a position to export electricity to India.
- PM Oli wants to Revive Budhigandaki Hydropower Project
- Middle Marsyangdi Hydropower Down for Maintenance
- Headrace Tunnel of Upper Tamakoshi Hydroelectric Project Completed
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Yatri Electric Bikes Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsThis is the complete price list for the Yatri electric bikes in Nepal. Yatri Motorcycles,…
Yatri Project One Priced Hiked: Base Variant Now Costs Rs. 5.65 Lakhs in Nepal!Yatri Project One has increased the price for its base variant in Nepal. The Nepali-EV…
Deal Alert: Samsung Galaxy A33 5G Gets a Massive Price Drop in Nepal!Samsung has dropped the price of the Samsung Galaxy A33 5G in Nepal by Rs.…