On February 6, South Korean Ministry of Science and ICT announced that South Korea’s information and communications technology (ICT) including free public WiFi system construction constitutes this year’s special contribution project of the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) and collaboration projects will be launched with Laos, Vietnam, and Nepal in that framework.
- The ministry is going to launch a free public WiFi system construction project in Laos, an augmented reality (AR) tourism content development project in Vietnam, and a digital disaster communication system construction project in Nepal.
- The duration of the special contribution project is from March this year to February or August next year.
- The budgets required for the subprojects range from US $30,000 to US $55,000.
- The project will be based on the ministry’s special fund provided for the APT.
- The Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) is an international council for telecommunications development in the Asia-Pacific region, established in 1979.