Shuklaphanta National Park has been carrying out a scientific study and research in one of its prime grasslands.
- A savannah of 20 hectares at Singhapurphanta has been divided into five blocks for conducting separate research studies on each block.
- The project has been going on for three years with the people working to burn reeds and other vegetation to leave patches of grassland fallow. They have been keeping record of the presence of wild animals and observing the grass grown here.
- This study will contribute to augment to the ecosystem conservation in the park.
- The Shuklaphanta National Park is a protected area in the Terai of the Far-Western Region, Nepal, covering 305 km2 (118 sq. miles) of open grassland, forests, riverbeds and tropical wetlands at an altitude of 174 to 1,386 m (571 to 4,547 ft).
- It has 12 large and small savannahs inside the park which is considered important in terms of the conservation and management of grassland ecosystems in Nepal.
- The protected area is part of the Terai-Duar savanna and grasslands ecoregion and is one of the best-conserved examples of floodplain grassland.
2024 Tesla Model 3 Highland Debuts in Nepal: Facelifted Electric Marvel!HIGHLIGHTS Tesla Model 3 price in Nepal starts at Rs. 1.35 Crore. It claims a…
Honor Mobile Price in Nepal (February 2024 Updated)Honor is a Chinese smartphone brand majority owned by a state-owned company in Shenzhen. When…
Nepali Citizens can Now get an Indian SIM CardHIGHLIGHTS Nepalese citizens are now eligible to get an Indian SIM card. To obtain, citizens…