Samsung has once again raised the price of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra in Nepal.
This is the second time the company has increased its price; the first was made in July 2022, five months after the release of the S22 series in Nepal.
Now, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra price in Nepal is Rs. 1,79,999 (12/256GB). It is available at Samsung-authorized stores across Nepal. Initially, it was Rs. 20,000 cheaper.
The price of the Galaxy S22 has also been increased by Rs. 6,000, while the S22 Plus is unaffected.
The company unveiled the much-anticipated Samsung Galaxy S22 series at its first Galaxy Unpacked event of 2022 on February 9. The event showed off three new Galaxy phones and the Galaxy Tab S8 series.
In this article, we’ll talk about the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, which is the most expensive phone in the line.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G Specifications
- Body: 163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9 mm, 228 g / 229 g (mmWave model), IP68 dust/water resistant, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ back
- Stylus: S Pen, 5.8 x 4.35 x 105.08mm, 3.04g, IP68 dust/water resistant, 2.8ms latency (Bluetooth integration, accelerometer, gyro)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.8 inches Edge QHD+, Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, 1440 x 3088 pixels, 19.25:9, 1750 nits (peak), HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, UFS 3.1
- OS: Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Rear Camera: 108 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm (12MP 2.4µm), Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 10 MP, f/4.9, 230mm (periscope telephoto), 1/3.52″, 1.12µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 10x optical zoom
- 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), 1/3.52″, 1.12µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, Super Steady video
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 5000 mAh battery, 45W fast charging, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W, USB Power Delivery 3.0, Reverse wireless charging 4.5W
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Colors: Phantom Black, Phantom White (12/256GB), Green (12/512GB), Burgundy
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Price in Nepal: Rs.
1,59,999 1,69,999 1,79,999 (12/256GB)
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Overview
And for the first time in the S series, the S22 Ultra now comes with an S Pen stylus built-in, which was previously exclusive to the Galaxy Note series. The S Pen has a latency of just 2.8ms, down from the 9ms of the Note 20 Ultra and S21 Ultra.
The S22 Ultra also got rid of the rear camera enclosure that had been featured in its predecessor. The positions of the cameras and the flash are the same, though.
Both the front and back of the phone are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+, making it the first smartphone to feature the material. It has an aluminum frame and is rated IP68 water and dust resistance.
It also has a new Burgundy color option along with Phantom Black, Phantom White, and Green.
The S22 Ultra features a 6.8-inch curved Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a peak brightness of 1750nits. It’s an adaptive refresh rate display, similar to what we saw on the OnePlus 10 Pro, that can reach up to 120Hz for smooth scrolling and down to 1Hz to save energy.
Samsung also introduced Vision Booster technology this year with the Galaxy S22 Ultra. According to Samsung, the technology intelligently adjusts the screen brightness of the device throughout the day to enhance the viewing experience, even in direct sunlight.
Samsung’s flagship phone this year came equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 in Nepal.
It is built on a 4nm process and is designed in a tri-cluster structure comprised of a single powerful Arm Cortex-X2 flagship-core, three performance and efficiency balanced Cortex-A710 big-cores, and four power-efficient Cortex-A510 little-cores.
Qualcomm claims the new Adreno 730 GPU in the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 can boost graphics rendering capabilities by 30% and power savings by 25% compared to the previous generation.
Additionally, the phone supports Wi-Fi 6E, which the standard Galaxy S22 does not.
The device comes with two memory configurations: 12GB RAM with 256GB of storage and 12GB RAM with 512GB of storage.
Spec-wise, the S22 Ultra cameras are mostly identical to the last year’s S21 Ultra. It has a 108MP main camera, a 12MP ultrawide camera, and two 10MP telephoto cameras: 3x and 10x optical zoom.
Samsung claims the S22 Ultra’s OIS hardware has a 58% wider correction angle compared to the S21 series, resulting in better video stabilization. Samsung also introduced an Auto Frame Rate feature on the S22 Ultra.
Additionally, the S22 Ultra can save images in RAW format, up to 16bit. However, users must first download the free Expert RAW app from the Galaxy Store.
On the front, the S22 Ultra sports a 40MP selfie camera. The rear camera can take video at up to 8K while the front can take up to 4K resolution.
Battery and Others
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra comes with a 5000mAh battery and supports 45W fast charging. However, the charger is not included in the box.
The device runs on the latest One UI 4.1 on top of Android 12. Samsung has committed to providing its flagship series with four generations of Android OS upgrades.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Price in Nepal and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra price in Nepal is Rs. 1,79,999 for the 12/256GB variant. It is available for purchase at Samsung-authorized stores across Nepal. The 12/512GB variant is no longer available in the country.
Initially, the S22 Ultra was priced at Rs. 1,59,999. However, due to an increase in excise duty from 2.5% to 5%, Samsung Nepal raised the price of the S22 series in July 2022.
|Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Variants||Price in Nepal|
This year’s Galaxy S22 Ultra feels more like the Note 20 Ultra’s successor. Samsung has combined the S and Note series features into the S22 Ultra.
The S22 Ultra’s boxier design, sharp edges, flat sides, and the built-in S Pen stylus all evoke the design language of the Note series.
To save battery, the display’s refresh rate can now go as low as 1Hz from 120Hz. It is also the first mobile device to offer ray tracing thanks to Exynos 2200.
What do you think about the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch our Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra review in Nepali.