On the basis of power purchase agreements (PPA) signed by hydropower projects with the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), it is seen that Province 2 has the lowest electricity generation capacity in the country, reports The Kathmandu Post.
- Province 2 contributes only about 0.2% of the country’s total power generation having signed PPAs for only 18 MW.
- Among all provinces, Province 4 produces the highest power with 125 projects and generation 35.77% of the total power. It has the total capacity of 3,373.81 MW.
- Province 3 is in second with an installed capacity of 2,861.46 MW followed by Province 1 with 2,132.31 MW.
- Similarly, the list has Provinces 6, 7 and 5 in the order with capacities 642.65 MW, 248.65 MW and 36.76 MW respectively.
What they are saying:
- “NEA has signed PPAs with 232 power projects with a combined capacity of 3,988.64 MW and is holding negotiations with another 159 projects with a capacity of 5,441.3 MW.”
- “The NEA has signed PPAs with 232 power projects and is conducting negotiations with another 159 projects”, said Managing Director Kulman Ghising.
- Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project to Miss its Deadline of This July
- PM Oli wants to Revive Budhigandaki Hydropower Project
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Vivo Y55 with Snapdragon 680 Launched in NepalVivo has launched the recently announced Vivo Y55 in Nepal. This is a 4G variant,…
Satellite Operator Kacific To Improve Broadband Internet Access in NepalKacific Broadband Satellites Group (Kacific), a satellite operator providing a high-speed broadband internet service, has…
Lectro Electric Cycles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsThis is the complete price list for Lectro electric cycles in Nepal. Nimbus International Company…