Poco Nepal has launched a new variant of the Poco M2 in Nepal.
Poco M2 price in Nepal now starts at Rs. 17,999 for the 4GB/64GB variant. The reloaded Poco M2 drops 6GB of RAM for 4GB RAM with the same 64GB storage.
Poco M2 is a rebranded Redmi 9 which was launched some months ago in Nepal. It is basically the same phone with a different skin. Let’s take a look at it.
Poco M2 Specifications
- Body: 163.3 x 77 x 9.1 mm, 198 g, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.53 inches FHD IPS LCD, ~83.2% screen-to-body ratio, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~395 ppi density), Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4/6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB eMMC 5.1
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery, Fast charging 18W
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass, 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Colors: Brick Red, Pitch Black, Slate Blue
Poco M2 Price in Nepal: Rs. 17,999 (4/64GB) / Rs. 18,999 (6/64GB) / Rs. 19,999 (6/128GB)
Poco M2 Overview
Poco M2 looks exactly the same as the Redmi 9. It has a quad camera on the back along with a fingerprint sensor. Poco M2 has a split design on the back whereas the Redmi 9 has a circular design for the camera module.
On the front, it has the same teardrop notch on the front.
Poco M2 has a 6.53 inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The screen is protected by Gorilla Glass 3.
The screen is the same as the Redmi 9 as it boasts 395 PPI density along with a 19.5:9 screen ratio.
Poco M2 uses the Mediatek Helio G80 chipset. It’s a 12nm chipset with Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU and Mali-G52 MC2 GPU. Then, it has 4/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage. The Redmi 9 comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
It uses the same chipset as the Redmi 9 but it offers 6GB RAM if you want to buy a variant with more storage.
In terms of camera, Poco M2 has a 13MP f/2.2 main sensor, 8MP f/2.2 Ultrawide angle sensor, 5MP macro sensor, and 2MP depth sensor.
On the front, it has an 8MP f/2.0 selfie camera.
It runs on a 5000 mAh battery with 18W fast charging. The battery should easily last more than a day. Xiaomi claims 185 hours of music playback, 31 hours of calling, and 19 hours of video playback.
Furthermore, it runs on MIUI 11 on top of Android 10. And, it has a 3.5mm headphone jack as well.
Poco M2 Price in Nepal and Availability
Poco M2 price in Nepal is Rs. 17,999 for 4/64GB. It comes in three colors: Slate Blue, Brick Red, and Pitch Black. It is available across authorized retail stores.
|Poco Mobile||Price in Nepal|
|Poco M2 4/64GB||Rs. 17999|
|Poco M2 6/64GB||Rs. 18999|
|Poco M2 6/128GB||Rs. 19999|
Poco M2 is a rebranded Redmi 9 which costs Rs. 1000 more but it provides a larger RAM. Also, it comes with an ad-free UI. Except for this, it is the same thing.
So, if you’re a gamer then you would want to go for the Poco M2 than the Redmi 9. Else, you can go with Redmi 9.
What do you think of the price of Poco M2 in Nepal? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch the Redmi 9 review video in Nepali.