The International Olympic Committee (IOC) confirmed the Winter Games in PyeongChang will be available to live stream in Nepal as well as other countries in the Indian sub-continent, including India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Why it Matters:
- It will be the first time the live coverage will be shared on a global digital scale. It will be accessible on mobile, as well as YouTube and will have a dedicated Google search experience.
- Dedicated Google features include different features and products that will help users looking for the latest information about the Winter Games.
- Google assistant will also answer questions about the Olympics. Google is also incorporating YouTube into the search results.
- The Asia-Pacific-Broadcasting Union (APBU) has acquired Free-To-Air (FTA) rights in Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- The IOC will work with Indian mobile network operator Reliance-Jio to provide comprehensive live coverage on its JioTV app.
What they are saying:
Timo Lumme, Managing Director of IOC Television and Marketing Services, said: “This is an important step for the Olympic Channel as it broadcasts live Olympic Games coverage for the first time ever on the digital platform. Through the Olympic Channel and the additional broadcast on Reliance-Jio’s and the relevant ABU members’ platforms, we are able to offer comprehensive coverage across the region and ensure fans will be able to follow all the action from PyeongChang 2018.”
Lenovo V15 G3 with Intel i7 CPU and 16 GB RAM Launched in NepalHIGHLIGHTS The Lenovo V15 G3 price in Nepal is Rs. 1,02,275 (Intel i7-1255U, 16/512 GB).…
Lenovo V14 G3 with 12th Gen Intel CPU Launched in NepalHIGHLIGHTS The Lenovo V14 G3 price in Nepal is Rs. 79,545 (Intel i5-1235U, 8/512 GB).…
CX 250R Dirt Bike Now in Nepal: Fuel-Injection is Finally Here!HIGHLIGHTS CX 250R price in Nepal is Rs. 8.45 Lakhs. It features a new and…