Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wants to revive the Budhigandaki Hydropower Project, reports South China Morning Post. The project had been stopped after the previous Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government cancelled its contract signed with a Chinese company.
- Prime Minister Oli said, “Political prejudice or pressure from rival companies may have been instrumental in scrapping of the project. But for us, hydropower is a main focus and come what may, we will revive the Budhigandaki project.” He did not mention if the project would be given back to the Gezhouba Group.
- Nepal Electricity Authority had been given the charge of the project. But they haven’t done any work to expedite the construction works yet.
- Budhigandaki Hydropower Project Given to NEA
- Government Scraps Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project with Chinese Company
- NEA Approves Draft PPA for Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Nagarik App, Nepal Government’s Initiation to Digitize Public ServicesNagarik app, which crossed 300 thousand downloads in just less than a week of its…
Infinix Hot 10 Play Launched with Helio G25 and 6000mAh BatteryInfinix Hot 10 and Hot 10 Lite were announced in 2020. And, Hot 10 was…
Mazda CX-9 Premium SUV Booking Opens in Nepal: Priced at Rs. 1.63 CroreMazda CX-9 is open for bookings in Nepal. Paramount Motors Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor…