Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wants to revive the Budhigandaki Hydropower Project, reports South China Morning Post. The project had been stopped after the previous Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government cancelled its contract signed with a Chinese company.
- Prime Minister Oli said, “Political prejudice or pressure from rival companies may have been instrumental in scrapping of the project. But for us, hydropower is a main focus and come what may, we will revive the Budhigandaki project.” He did not mention if the project would be given back to the Gezhouba Group.
- Nepal Electricity Authority had been given the charge of the project. But they haven’t done any work to expedite the construction works yet.
- Budhigandaki Hydropower Project Given to NEA
- Government Scraps Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project with Chinese Company
- NEA Approves Draft PPA for Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Vianet Introduces XGS-PON Technology, Offering up to 2 Gbps Symmetrical Internet SpeedsHIGHLIGHTS Vianet announces XGS Extreme internet package. The package has two plans: symmetrical 1Gbps and…
Yamaha Saluto Price in Nepal (March 2023 Updated)Highlights Yamaha Saluto 125 price in Nepal is Rs. 2.46 Lakhs. Yamaha Saluto comes with…
Khaanpin Launches Foodloop, Corporate Bulk Food Delivery ServiceHIGHLIGHTS Khaanpin launches a new vertical called Foodloop. Foodloop is a corporate bulk food delivery…