Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wants to revive the Budhigandaki Hydropower Project, reports South China Morning Post. The project had been stopped after the previous Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government cancelled its contract signed with a Chinese company.
- Prime Minister Oli said, “Political prejudice or pressure from rival companies may have been instrumental in scrapping of the project. But for us, hydropower is a main focus and come what may, we will revive the Budhigandaki project.” He did not mention if the project would be given back to the Gezhouba Group.
- Nepal Electricity Authority had been given the charge of the project. But they haven’t done any work to expedite the construction works yet.
- Budhigandaki Hydropower Project Given to NEA
- Government Scraps Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project with Chinese Company
- NEA Approves Draft PPA for Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Graphic Designers in Nepal Raise Concern Over Plagiarism, Suggest Brands to be SensibleRecently, a reputed scooter brand copied an artwork of Indra Jatra and published it in…
Apple iPad 10.2 (2021) with A13 Bionic Chip Launched in NepalApple iPad 10.2 2021 has finally launched in Nepal. It was announced alongside the iPhone 13…
Apple announces Game-changing 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max ChipOn October 18, Apple held a virtual Unleashed event to reveal the new updated MacBook…
Apple Announces New 14 inch MacBook Pro with All-new M1 Pro and M1 Max ChipApple unveiled the new redesigned MacBook Pro 14-inch in their virtual Unleashed event on October…