Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wants to revive the Budhigandaki Hydropower Project, reports South China Morning Post. The project had been stopped after the previous Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government cancelled its contract signed with a Chinese company.
- Prime Minister Oli said, “Political prejudice or pressure from rival companies may have been instrumental in scrapping of the project. But for us, hydropower is a main focus and come what may, we will revive the Budhigandaki project.” He did not mention if the project would be given back to the Gezhouba Group.
- Nepal Electricity Authority had been given the charge of the project. But they haven’t done any work to expedite the construction works yet.
- Budhigandaki Hydropower Project Given to NEA
- Government Scraps Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project with Chinese Company
- NEA Approves Draft PPA for Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Yamaha Bikes Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsThis is the complete price list for the Yamaha bikes price in Nepal. MAW Enterprises…
Yamaha R15 v4 Launched in Nepal: Passing On the R-Series DNA!Yamaha R15 v4 has been launched in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the authorized distributor of Yamaha…
Vivo V23 5G Review: Great Phone but OverpricedPros Premium design with colour changing back Solid selfie camera Ultrawide selfie camera Dual-tone front…