Previously, mobile phone importers in Nepal enjoyed 40% VAT refund on the import of mobile phones. But, recently this policy has been scrapped and as a result, mobile phones prices are on upwards spiral. The latest example being the prices of OnePlus phones.
On the contrary, Nokia has dropped prices on three of their smartphones: Nokia 6, Nokia 5, and Nokia 3. So, if you’re in the market for a budget smartphone then this could turn out to be a very good deal.
Price Drop On Nokia Phones
Nokia 6 is an old smartphone. Not exactly outdated but old. It is a mid-range smartphone with 5.5 inch IPS touchscreen display, which was okay in older smartphones but is not okay today as phones are starting to adopt 18:9 aspect ratio displays. Powered by a Snapdragon 430 Processor, it has 32GB storage capacity and can be further expanded up to 128GB.
This phone might be a little disappointing to some people as the device runs on a Snapdragon 430 processor. Having at least the 625 or 630 would have the device a much viable option in the price its offered.
Nokia 6 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.50-inch touchscreen display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processors
- CPU: 1.1GHz octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 32GB internal storage with micro SD (expandable up to 128GB), 3 GB RAM
- OS: Android 7.0
- Primary Camera: 16-megapixel
- Secondary Camera: 8-megapixel
- Battery: Non-removable 3000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor (front mounted), Accelerometer, Ambient light, Gyroscope
Nokia 6 Price in Nepal:
Rs. 25,600 Rs. 22,900
Nokia 5 is a slightly better smartphone than previous phones in the lineup. It houses a 5.2 inches HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The phone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 octa-core chipset with Adreno 505 GPU. It runs on 2GB of RAM and comes with 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. These specs look very good for this price point.
In terms of camera, it is also not bad. The primary camera in the Nokia 5 is a 13MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture and Phase Detection Auto Focus which can give you decent images under well-lighting conditions. On the front, the secondary camera is of 8MP with f/2.0 aperture. This device is backed up by a 3000 mAh battery and this device comes with the latest version of Android 7.1.1. The software is a pure stock android, so there will no problem while using this device in terms of software whatsoever.
Nokia 5 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.2 inches HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430
- CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 16 GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 2GB RAM
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Primary Camera: 13MP, f/2.0, phase detection, autofocus (PDAF), dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Nokia 5 Price in Nepal:
Rs. 18,999 Rs. 18,555
Nokia’s lineup is confusing. They have similar phones with almost the same price and this makes it harder for the customers to differentiate. The smartphone is powered by MediaTek MT6737 quad-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz. 5.0 inches HD display is protected by Corning Gorilla protection. It has a 2GB of RAM and uses Mali-T720 GPU.
The device comes with an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and similar 8MP front camera. This is weird. For a phone at this price, the sensors look nice on paper. But the picture quality depends on the image processing prowess. Nokia 3 comes with 16GB internal storage expandable up to 128GB which is pretty decent. The entire smartphone runs on a decent 2650 mAh non-removable battery.
Nokia 3 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.0 inches HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla protection
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6737
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T720MP2
- Memory: 16GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 128GB), 2GB RAM
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Primary Camera: 8 MP with 1.12 µm pixel size, f/2.0, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, autofocus
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2650 mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Nokia 3 Price in Nepal:
Rs. 15,650 Rs. 13,999
Nokia 6, 5, and 3 are decent devices but are somewhat older. Also, they do not provide value compared to the likes of Xiaomi and Huawei. For, the given price tag of Rs. 22,000 Nokia 6 comes with an entry-level Snapdragon 430 processor. Which is pretty disappointing.
Price drop on these devices should not come as a surprise as they are quite old. And, even with the price drop, Nokia 6 does not provide the hardware prowess like some other phones on the market for the price tag.
What do you think about these devices and do they justify their price tag? Let us know in the comments below!
Realme C31 Review: A Typical Budget Phone!Pros Good design Excellent battery life Reliable fingerprint sensor Good performance Cons 60Hz HD+ display…
Redmi 10A Review: Is It Better Than the Redmi 9A?Pros Good display Nice rear camera Solid build Cons Performance could be better MIUI still…
JBL Flip 6 with IP67 Rating and 20W Output Available in Nepal for PreorderJBL Flip 6 is now available in Nepal for preorder. The Flip 6 is the…