Nokia has firmly established itself as a reliable budget and mid-range smartphone brand after it’s disastrous fall. We saw it launch handsets like Nokia 6.1 plus, Nokia 3.1, and Nokia 2.1 in 2018. They solidified Nokia’s place once again as a serious phone-maker of the smartphone world. Now, Nokia is set to launch more phones like those in Nepal. The latest in the lineup is Nokia 3.2 and Nokia 2.2.
The Nokia 2.2 has been recently launched in Nepal. Nokia 2.2 is available in two different storage variants: 2GB RAM with 16GB ROM and 3GB RAM with 32GB ROM. As for the pricing, Nokia 2.2 (2GB/16GB) price in Nepal is Rs. 11,490. Likewise, Nokia 2.2 (3GB/32GB) price in Nepal is Rs. 13,490.
Nokia won’t win any design awards with the Nokia 2.2. This phone has got a 19:9 aspect ratio but it looks fairly chunky. Gone are the copper accents of the Nokia 2.1. Nokia 2.2 has a 5.7 inch HD IPS LCD display that is nothing to write home about.
On the inside, Nokia 2.2 is powered by a MediaTek Helio A22 processor which is an entry-level chipset MediaTek for budget smartphones. The processor is paired with 2GB RAM. So, don’t buy this phone if you want to play games or want to do heavy multitasking. This phone lets you call, text, surf the web a little and that’s it. Also, as the internal storage space is just 16GB you won’t be able to install many apps either unless you spend some cash for a micro-SD card.
Nokia 2.2 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.71 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~295 ppi density)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable via micro SD card up to 400GB)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, One edition
- Primary Camera: 13MP
- Secondary Camera: 5MP
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
Nokia 2.2 Price in Nepal (2/16): Rs. 11,490
Nokia 2.2 Price in Nepal (3/32): Rs. 13,490
On the back, we have a 13MP camera that will click decent photos in good lighting conditions. Same is the case with the front 5MP camera. But, you surely aren’t buying a phone at this price for their cameras.
What you should be buying this phone for is the software inside. Nokia 2.2 runs Android One which is a variant which means no bloatware. So, navigating the device should be pretty smooth.
3000mAh with Android One and an HD screen means a good battery life on this device. However, this is a definite step down from the 4000mAh cell of the Nokia 2.1. Overall, Nokia 2.2 is a good effort from Nokia. If you thought Nokia 3.2 was a good budget choice, Nokia 2.2 takes it a step further by offering another good phone with interesting pricing.
The competition has gotten intense in that price bracket. But if that Nokia logo and Nokia’s famous robust build quality is what you are after then the Nokia 2.2 isn’t half a bad choice. Also, where else do you get a removable battery nowadays?
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Launching Next Week in NepalSamsung Galaxy A52s 5G is set to launch soon in Nepal. Samsung unveiled the Samsung…
- Gionee P15 Pro with Helio G35 and 6000mAh Battery Launched in NepalThe pro version of the recently launched Gionee P15, Gionee P15 Pro has been launched…
- Samsung Galaxy M22 with 48MP Camera Goes Official, Expected Soon in NepalSamsung Galaxy M22 has gone official with the listing of the phone on the company’s…