Lately, Nissan motors has been in a surge in Nepal with its aggressive marketing and new product launches. And now, the Pioneer Motocorp has launched the all-new freshened Mid-size SUV Nissan Terrano in Nepal.
The Terrano is not an entirely new vehicle for the Nepali market but after some passive time as was the case with all Nissan vehicles, this comes with 22 new features as claimed by the company.
The Terrano is launched at a very hot segment in Nepal at an attractive starting price of just 43 lakhs. After all, Nissan couldn’t miss on what is one of the most selling segment in Nepal in present time.
|Nissan Terrano XLP||Rs. 4299000|
|Nissan Terrano XVD||Rs. 5399000|
The Terrano is available with 2 engine options (1.5 Litre Diesel and 1.6 litre Petrol) with output figures 108.5 BHP @3900 RPM and 245 NM torque @3750 RPM (For Diesel variant) and 103 BHP @5850 RPM and 148 NM torque @3750 RPM (For Petrol variant).
SEE ALSO: Nissan Cars Price in Nepal
These numbers seem very impressive and further, Nissan being a Japanese brand and old player in the automotive market, justice in terms of refinement and reliability can be expected.
Nissan Terrano Key Specs
- Engine Displacement: 1461 cc (XVD), 1598 cc (XLP)
- Power: 108.5 BHP@ 3900 RPM (XVD) , 103 BHP@ 5850 RPM (XLP)
- Torque: 245 NM @ 3750 RPM (XVD) , 148 NM @ 3750 RPM (XLP)
- Mileage(city): 19 kmpl (XVD) , 13.2 kmpl (XLP)
- No Of Gears: 6-speed manual (XVD) , 5-speed manual (XLP)
- ABS: YES
- Fuel Type: Diesel (XVD), Petrol (XLP)
- Ground Clearance: 205 mm
- Kerb Weight: 1802 kg (XVD), 1770 kg (XLP)
Nissan Terrano XLP Price in Nepal: Rs. 42,99,000
Nissan Terrano XVD Price in Nepal: Rs. 53,99,000
There is a lot of competition in the segment though. The highest selling SUV in the Nepali market i.e. the Hyundai Creta, the freshened up recently launched Ford Ecosport and the new intelligent kid in the block which is selling like hot cake, the Renault Duster. Even Honda has entered the market with its WR-V.
However, in terms of style, the Terrano looks the most ‘SUV-ish’ among all the above mentioned cars, probably even more than the Hyundai Creta, which is a big plus point. It will make sure you will be noticed in any road or any parking lot.
In a brand conscious Nepali market, Nissan has relatively low brand penetration in comparison to Hyundai or Ford. So, will the flocks of new Terrano be seen in the roads of Nepal soon, or is it a case of too little too late for Nissan? Only time will tell.
For more details about the vehicle, feel free to contact Nissan Nepal at their official Facebook page or visit the showroom nearby.
- Three New PEUGEOT Cars Launched in Nepal
- Booking Open For Tata Nexon with Attractive Offers
- Maruti Suzuki Introduces New Celerio in Nepal at Rs. 23.39 Lakh
- MG Motor’s SUV MG GS Launched in Nepal; Price Starts at Rs. 49.5 Lakhs
Read all cars news in Nepal at TechLekh. Stay updated!