The Investment Board of Nepal (IBN) and Nepwaste, a Finnish joint venture, have joined in a Public Private Partnership (PPP) for the management of solid waste in the Valley, reports The Kathmandu Post.
Why it matters:
- With this agreement, people in the Valley will get services like door to door collection of waste, street sweeping and cleaning of riverbanks, surface drainage and public places like temples.
- And in return, people have to pay Rs. 219 per month as waste collection service fees.
- According to the agreement, the project will be handed over to the government after 20 years of commercial operation.
- The project worth $50 million will be executed after the municipalities approve the project.
- Nepwaste package will collect waste from Kathmandu district and process it at Banchare Danda.
- It is aiming to replace the present practice of solid waste management- street sweeping, collection and disposal by a resource-oriented and sustainable practice of reducing, reuse and recycle for Kathmandu metropolis and 9 other municipalities.
M1 Chip-powered Apple MacBook Pro 13 Gets Price Cut in NepalThe price of the Apple MacBook Pro 13 2020 (M1) is reduced in Nepal after…
Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch with M1 Pro Price Dropped in NepalGenXT, the official distributor of Apple in Nepal, has dropped the price of the MacBook…
Suzuki Avenis 125 Launch is Happening Next Week in Nepal!Suzuki Avenis 125 launch is finally happening in Nepal. VG Suzuki, the authorized distributor of…