Facebook partnered with One Young World (OYW) to launch the Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award.
The award offers advertising credits and executive Facebook mentorship to four social entrepreneurs who are leveraging the platform to deliver impact across Facebook’s main operating regions: North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific and Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). It is exclusive to One Young World Ambassadors.
The winners of the awards were announced on Facebook Live by Carolyn Everson, Vice President of Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook, and OYW Co-Founders Kate Robertson and David Jones. In total, Facebook provided $70,000 worth of support & executive mentorship as award.
- The grand prize was awarded to Abhinav Khanal, a Nepali Entrepreneur who is the co-founder of Bean Voyage. Bean Voyage is a venture that supports female coffee farmers in communities around the world. Abhinav won $55,000 in ad credits and executive mentorship from Carolyn Everson.
- The regional prize for North America was awarded to Kaleigh Killoran, co-founder of We Are Allies (WAA).
- The regional prize for the Asia Pacific was awarded to Vincent Loka, co-founder of WaterROAM.
- The regional prize for EMEA was awarded to Alain Nteff, co-founder of GiftedMom.
- The regional prizes were worth $5,000 ad credits & regional executive mentorship for each individual.
Abhinav Khanal is an alum of Earlham College and United World Colleges. He co-founded Bean Voyage with Sunghee Tark. Bean Voyage supports female coffee farmers in communities around the world. It has increased revenue for female coffee producers by 300%.