Nepal in Data has recently shred a preliminary report titled “Nepal in Data Outlook 2018”. The report focuses on five areas: agriculture, trade, transportation, education, and manufacturing with respect to the different provinces of Nepal.
Why it matters:
- Since, September of 2015, Nepal has had a new constitution that established a new federal structure of the country. Therefore, we now have three tiers of government — federal, provincial, and local. All these governments need to make certain policies for their functioning, which requires data; the report was published with an aim to reduce the data gap.
- With the report, even the citizens can track the progress of the provinces. It includes the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Per Capita Income (PCI) for each of the provinces.
- Nepal in Data to Launch Smart Data Analysis
- Nepal in Data (NiD) – Now Interact, Compare and Visualize Nepal’s Data Like Never Before
- Use of Data & Technology for Promoting Waste Sector Accountability in Nepal