Nepal Flying Labs was one of the five teams receiving the AUVSI XCELLENCE Humanitarian Award. The award is given to honor the recipients for using drones for disaster management, medical assistance, and search-and-rescue operations at locations around the world.
The award was presented at the AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2018 conference at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
They provide training, equipment, and their expertise to new local drone-based service providers. They also conduct robotics related projects in collaboration with national and International organizations.
All the five recipients of the award will equally divide a $25,000 donation as prizes. The other recipients of the award are:
- Aeryon Labs Inc., Aeryon SkyRanger UAS Provides Critical Aerial Intelligence to First Responders in Sint Maarten in the Wake of Hurricane Irma (Canada)
- DroneSAR, DroneSAR UAV Search & Rescue (SAR) Solution – Executing Autonomous Aerial Search and Delivering Live Drone Data to Augment First Response Efforts (Ireland)
- ONG DroneSAR Chile, Emergency Response Team and Humanitarian Aid Through the Use of Drones (Chile)
- Zipline International, Zipline’s Medical Drone Delivery Operation in Rwanda (Rwanda)
The association for unmanned vehicle systems international (AUVSI) is the world’s largest nonprofit organization devoted exclusively to advancing the unmanned systems and robotics community.
- Nepali-American Working on Building a Human Rescue Drone
- Home Ministry Plans to Use Drones For Surveillance Along Border
- Mahabir Pun’s National Innovation Centre Tests Medi-copters to Treat Patients in Remote Areas
NTA Working to Implement MDMS to Curb Grey Phones from July 16The government is all set to implement Mobile Management Device System (MDMS) from Shrawan 1.…
Chaudhary Group Introduces ‘CG NET’ Fiber Internet Service in NepalCG Communications Ltd., a subsidiary of CG (Chaudhary Group) has launched its internet service in…
Experts Urge to Refine ‘Cybersecurity Policy 2021 Draft’, say there are Ample Gaps to be FulfilledDigitization has eased our life in many ways. Meanwhile, as everything is connected to the…
Understanding Electric Vehicle Tax Structure in Nepal: Past and Present!The EV sector in Nepal is a growing market, still decades away from its full…
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite with Snapdragon 732G Launched in NepalAfter the launch of Mi 11X Pro, Xiaomi has launched the Mi 11 Lite in…