- A report by the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) titled “Current Macroeconomic and Financial Situation” showed that Nepal exported goods worth US Dollar 17 million to China in the seven months from mid-July 2017.
- This amount shows an increase of 72.3% over the same period of the last fiscal year.
- Nepal has been exporting products such as wheat flour, tea, noodles, handicrafts and pashmina.
- According to the report, Nepal witnessed a trade deficit of 5.88 billion U.S. dollar from mid-July 2017.
Why it matters:
- With Nepal struggling to reduce the increasing trade deficit, the rise in exports to China has come as a relief.
“Revamp” Nepali Startups Exhibition to be Organised on February 27While most of the last year was about isolation and quarantine, we hope that 2021…
Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ Launched: SD 888, 108MP Camera and 120Hz AMOLED DisplayAfter the recent launch of Xiaomi Mi 11, Xiaomi has launched Redmi K40 Pro and…
Samsung Galaxy S21 Camera Review: Improves Upon Its PredecessorSamsung Nepal recently launched the Samsung S21 series and among them, Samsung S21 is the…