Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) spokesperson Rabindra Shrestha informed that two-wide bodied airplanes will arrive in Kathmandu within June 2018.
- On April 2017, NAC had signed an agreement with American aircraft manufacturer AAR Corporation to procure two wide-body airplanes of 330-200 series at Rs. 22.63 billion.
- On June/July of 2017, NAC had made payment of Rs. 107 million in advance and Rs. 8 billion as the first installment.
What to expect:
- The second installment will be paid a week before the airplanes arrive.
- The first wide-body airplane is expected in May 2018.
- The second airplane is expected in June 2018.
Mr. Rabindra Shrestha informed that,
- The flag carrier of Nepal is already making plans for the probable destinations so that it makes flights as soon as the airplanes arrive.
- The new aircrafts will make a minimum of two flights a week to Japanese capital Tokyo, South Korea’s Seoul, and Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh.