Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) has brought two new aircrafts in order to increase its share in the domestic flight market. The aircraft landed in Kathmandu at 2 pm on Feb 13th, 2018.
Why it matters:
- The Corporation says the new airplanes will be flown to mountainous districts in particular.
- The addition of these two aircrafts will make the total of the national flag carrier’s domestic fleet to nine.
Around five years ago, the Corporation had signed an agreement with the Chinese government to buy eight aircraft.
Four of them have already arrived in Kathmandu.
What they are saying:
- “The Corporation is adding new planes without any preparation,” a Corporation official says, “Under present circumstances, these new aircraft will remain grounded at the airport.”
- However, stakeholders think that the aircrafts might cost NAC too much to maintain and along with that, it has low productivity.
- The Corporation has reported frequent problems in the operation of two of the airplanes they are currently flying. Skilled pilots and matching equipments are also scarce for these aircraft.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro: Samsung Introduces a New Pro SmartwatchAt the Unpacked 2022 event on August 10, Samsung introduced the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.…
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 with Temperature Sensor and Bigger Battery UnveiledSamsung unveiled the new Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 series, its latest Android smartwatches, at Samsung…
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro with 24-bit Hi-Fi and Enhanced ANC Launching Soon in NepalAlong with the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z flip 4, Samsung also…