Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), along with the companies it is looking after, plan to produce 800 MW power within the next 18 months.
- Upper Tamakoshi, Kulekhani III, Upper Trishuli A and Sanjen Rasuwagadhi hydropower companies will be major sources of hydropower.
- Similarly, Upper Sanjen is to generate 14.8 MW power, while Sanjen will generate 14.5 MW.
- NEA has estimated that around 1000MW of power will be linked to the national grid in coming three years. While private sectors are planning to complete around 1500 MW in one and half years.
Why it matters:
- With this, Nepal can be self reliant in the coming years.
What they are saying:
- Spokesperson at Energy Ministry, Dr Ganesh Neupane, said the Upper Tamakoshi hydropower project would be completed by coming mid-November.
- Independent Energy Producers’ Association Nepal Chairman Shailendra Guragain said among the projects of 3,500 MW capacity, 70 percent are in construction phase.
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project to Miss its Deadline of This July
- NEA Approves Draft PPA For Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Royal Enfield Expands Assembly Operations to Nepal: Birgunj Facility Now Operational!HIGHLIGHTS Royal Enfield CKD Unit expands local assembly operation to Nepal. CKD Unit in Birgunj…
Revamped Budget for Riders: Major Tax Cuts for Higher CC Bikes in Nepal!HIGHLIGHTS Govt has reduced excise duty on 200cc-400cc motorcycles. It has also reduced Road Development…
Royal Enfield Bikes Price in Nepal (June 2023 Updated)This is the complete price list for the Royal Enfield bikes in Nepal for .…