According to the annual report published by Axiata, Ncell has contributed $692 million to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Nepal in 2017.
By the numbers:
- According to Axiata’s report, the estimated contribution of Ncell to Nepal’s economy is $692 million, which is 2.8% of the total GDP of Nepal.
- According to the Sustainability and National Contribution Report 2017 published by Axiata, in 2017, Ncell has paid $277 million in the taxes to the government. The company has claimed that it amounted to 4.5% of the total taxes collected by the government in the same year.
- Also, the customer base of Ncell increased by 10% in 2017, making the numbers rise to 16.4 million.
On the other hand:
- The contribution of other telecom companies including that of Nepal Telecom (NT) to the national GDP is not clear.
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority has been carrying out a study to calculate the contribution of telecom sectors to Nepal’s economy.
- Ncell Launches Music Station Service
- Ncell Offers Free Streaming on YouTube Go
- Ncell Data Usage Grows by 130%
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer with Google Assistant Launched in NepalExpanding its ecosystem, Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer 3.5L in Nepal on September…
Cheap Tecno Pop 6 with 5MP Camera Launched in NepalTecno has launched Tecno Pop 6 in Nepal. It is an entry-level smartphone. The Tecno…
GoPro Hero 11 Black with Larger 27MP 8:7 Sensor Launched in NepalThe newly announced GoPro Hero 11 Black is now available in Nepal. It was announced…