According to the annual report published by Axiata, Ncell has contributed $692 million to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Nepal in 2017.
By the numbers:
- According to Axiata’s report, the estimated contribution of Ncell to Nepal’s economy is $692 million, which is 2.8% of the total GDP of Nepal.
- According to the Sustainability and National Contribution Report 2017 published by Axiata, in 2017, Ncell has paid $277 million in the taxes to the government. The company has claimed that it amounted to 4.5% of the total taxes collected by the government in the same year.
- Also, the customer base of Ncell increased by 10% in 2017, making the numbers rise to 16.4 million.
On the other hand:
- The contribution of other telecom companies including that of Nepal Telecom (NT) to the national GDP is not clear.
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority has been carrying out a study to calculate the contribution of telecom sectors to Nepal’s economy.
Read the entire report in detail
- Ncell Launches Music Station Service
- Ncell Offers Free Streaming on YouTube Go
- Ncell Data Usage Grows by 130%
Xiaomi 13 Lite with Snapdragon 7 Gen 1, Dual Front Camera to Launch Soon in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Xiaomi 13 Lite is expected to launch in Nepal soon. The phone has a…
Xiaomi 13 Pro Pre-Booking Starts on March 23 in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Pre-booking for Xiaomi 13 Pro will begin on March 23, 2023. Xiaomi 13 Pro…
Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G with Dimensity 1080 to Launch Soon in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G is expected to launch in Nepal soon. The phone…