According to the annual report published by Axiata, Ncell has contributed $692 million to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Nepal in 2017.
By the numbers:
- According to Axiata’s report, the estimated contribution of Ncell to Nepal’s economy is $692 million, which is 2.8% of the total GDP of Nepal.
- According to the Sustainability and National Contribution Report 2017 published by Axiata, in 2017, Ncell has paid $277 million in the taxes to the government. The company has claimed that it amounted to 4.5% of the total taxes collected by the government in the same year.
- Also, the customer base of Ncell increased by 10% in 2017, making the numbers rise to 16.4 million.
On the other hand:
- The contribution of other telecom companies including that of Nepal Telecom (NT) to the national GDP is not clear.
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority has been carrying out a study to calculate the contribution of telecom sectors to Nepal’s economy.
- Ncell Launches Music Station Service
- Ncell Offers Free Streaming on YouTube Go
- Ncell Data Usage Grows by 130%
NTA Working to Implement MDMS to Curb Grey Phones from July 16The government is all set to implement Mobile Management Device System (MDMS) from Shrawan 1.…
Chaudhary Group Introduces ‘CG NET’ Fiber Internet Service in NepalCG Communications Ltd., a subsidiary of CG (Chaudhary Group) has launched its internet service in…
Experts Urge to Refine ‘Cybersecurity Policy 2021 Draft’, say there are Ample Gaps to be FulfilledDigitization has eased our life in many ways. Meanwhile, as everything is connected to the…
Understanding Electric Vehicle Tax Structure in Nepal: Past and Present!The EV sector in Nepal is a growing market, still decades away from its full…
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite with Snapdragon 732G Launched in NepalAfter the launch of Mi 11X Pro, Xiaomi has launched the Mi 11 Lite in…