Update: The site has been restored after this news was published.
- The Filipino black hat hacking group did a hacking spree back in the beginning of April. They claimed that they hacked the websites and leaked information from the sites to mock the cyber security of those sites.
- The hacked websites mostly included those from government agencies, schools, and companies based in the Philippines, and abroad including India, Brazil, Argentina, Bangladesh, and Vietnam.
One More Thing:
- Two other government websites of Nepal were recently hacked by the same group: Department of Passports and Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs.
- These sites have been restored already.
- Just recently, the Facebook page of Nepal Telecom has been deleted after suspected hacking (not by the same group).
Why it Matters:
- This goes on to show how poorly Internet security is regarded by the government when the apex body to promote science and technology has its website compromised.
- NTC Facebook Page (Possibly) Hacked
- Threat Report 2017: Current State and Vulnerability of Cyber Security of Nepal
- Nepali Websites Being Compromised to Host Phishing Pages
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Oppo F21 Pro with Fibreglass Leather Design Launched in NepalSmartphone brand Oppo has launched the Oppo F21 Pro, its latest F series phone, in…
Xiaomi 12 Lite with Snapdragon 778G Launching Soon in NepalXiaomi is set to launch the Xiaomi 12 Lite in Nepal. The phone was announced…
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro: Samsung Introduces a New Pro SmartwatchAt the Unpacked 2022 event on August 10, Samsung introduced the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.…