The winners of the ‘Women in Science Award’ have been recently announced. Nepal Astronomical Society (NASO) is giving this award for the second time as of this year. They had received a total of 40 applications from eligible candidates from Nepal and abroad for the award.
- Promisa Mishra has been named the winner of the NASO Women in Science Award 2018 under the professional category. Mishra is a computer engineer at Nepal Electricity Authority.
- Shreeti Shrestha has been named the winner of the Award under the student category. Shrestha is studying computer engineering at Pulchowk Engineering Campus.
- The award was given away amidst a special programme organized at Nepal Academy of Science and Technology on May 30. Astronaut Dr. Sandra Magnus handed over the awards to the winners.
- Mishra was presented with Rs. 25,000 and a certificate while Shrestha will be presented with Rs. 15,000 and a certificate along with the award.
What they are saying:
- Shreeti Shrestha says, “It’s really a great honor to receive this prestigious award of NASO as Women in Science Ambassador 2018. Winning this award is more like a motivation than an achievement. Thank you NASO for boosting me up to keep pushing forward and make more contributions to science in days to come.”
- Promisa Mishra says, “Let’s move one step ahead to create women’s confidence in science. Let’s share the achievements of women in science. One step towards recognition and honor and inspirations. This year lets work to women’s networking for science.”
- Interaction Program with Former NASA Astronaut Dr. Sandra H. Magnus
- NAST to Produce Fuel from Plastic