How many times has this happened that you open up a website and suddenly the sound starts blasting through your speakers? Yes, I’m talking about the annoying autoplay videos on websites.
Imagine hovering through your favorite website and having to listen to startling audio every time. Obviously, it gets really irritating. As a matter of fact, pausing the video becomes the first thing you have to do. So, if you want to stop this happening to you; learn how to mute autoplay videos on Google Chrome in just a few steps.
How To Mute AutoPlay Videos On Google Chrome
What You Need
Update Google Chrome to version 64
- To update your Google Chrome, open Chrome.
- At the top right look at more, click “Help” and go to “About Google Chrome“.
- Now, it automatically checks for updates and updates to the latest stable version.
Once you have everything you need, you are ready to mute autoplay videos on Google Chrome.
Steps To Mute AutoPlay Videos On Google Chrome
- Open up your Chrome.
- Go to a page that auto-plays video with sound. For example, here’s the link.
- Click the “i” or Green Lock Icon right beside the URL text field. Now you should get a drop-down menu with “Flash” and “Sound” settings which are set allowed as defaults.
- Next, right to the Sound option click on the drop-down menu and set it to “Always block on this site“. Finally, you’ll never hear the annoying autoplay sound of an unrelated video ever again.
- The video on the website may take time to load, thus you’ll need to wait until the video loads. Otherwise, the Sound setting option won’t appear on the drop-down menu.
- Updating the Google Chrome won’t affect the opened tabs and everything will be retained after the restart.
- Beta Version of the Google Chrome will be installed as a separate instance. As a result, it won’t affect the stable version of the chrome that is already installed on your device.
Oppo Teases the Launch of Oppo F21 Pro in NepalSmartphone brand Oppo is set to launch the Oppo F21 Pro, its latest F series…
GWM Wingle 5 Launches in Nepal: Pickup Truck Build for Real World!GWM Wingle 5 is now available in Nepal. VG Impex Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor…
Narzo 50A Prime with Unisoc Tiger T612 and FHD Display Launched in NepalRealme Nepal has launched the Realme Narzo 50A Prime in Nepal. The Realme Narzo 50A…