The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology has made public its 21-point 100 days action plan.
What they are saying:
- Communications Secretary Mahendra Man Gurung said a postal tracking system will be expanded to 70 districts, where the service seekers will be able to track the progress of their goods sent via the postal service department.
- According to a statement issued by the Ministry, “An IT based national e-payment system will be established to make online transaction easy, efficient, safe and reliable”.
- The Box Office system will be enforced to make the income of films transparent while a draft of the advertisement legislation will be prepared to organize the advertisement sector.
- Secretary Gurung shared that the Ministry was working to give final shape to the draft related to e-transaction, cyber security and IT-related issues after holding discussions with experts within 100 days.
- Preparations for operating the integrated data center as a ‘backup center’ set up in Hetauda will also take place.
- Gurung further shared that mobile apps would be developed targeting service recipients of local levels after coming up with a ‘customizable template.’ New organizational structure would be developed after studying the departments and other offices under the Ministry.
- According to secretary Gurung, 747 service centres would be developed in quake affected Rasuwa, Nuwakaot, Kavrepalanchowk and Sindhupalchowk districts and free of cost internet would be given to the locals there for two years.
- Nepal Rastra Bank Brings New Regulations for Digital Transactions
- Nepal’s First Movie Box Office System Launched
- Threat Report 2017: Current State and Vulnerability of Cyber Security of Nepal
2024 Tesla Model 3 Highland Debuts in Nepal: Facelifted Electric Marvel!HIGHLIGHTS Tesla Model 3 price in Nepal starts at Rs. 1.35 Crore. It claims a…
Honor Mobile Price in Nepal (February 2024 Updated)Honor is a Chinese smartphone brand majority owned by a state-owned company in Shenzhen. When…
Nepali Citizens can Now get an Indian SIM CardHIGHLIGHTS Nepalese citizens are now eligible to get an Indian SIM card. To obtain, citizens…