Kirloskar, an Indian conglomerate industry, created their latest product, Mega T tractor based on the needs and purposes of farmers across India, Bangladesh, and Nepal. The tractor is expected to disrupt the farm mechanization segment in Nepal.
- Mega T targets small and marginal farmers who have less than 2 hectares of land and cannot afford expensive machines.
- The tractor is a multi-application machine that works on both dry and wet land.
- It is powered by high torque engine to provides more power and better backup.
- It has features such as mid-PTO (Power Take Off), certified driver seat and disc actuated brakes.
- Rajit Ghosh, associate vice president said, “Kirloskar is focused on transforming farmer lives through innovative technology, products, and delivery. I am very happy to introduce the most awarded Mega T in Nepal.”
- According to Pramod Ekbote, associate vice president-Product development, the company is looking to build relationships with customers by being a customer-centric company. “Our product removes drudgery, provides comfort and safety for the farmer,” added Ekbote.
- The Mega T has received multiple awards since it was introduced such as CII—Industrial Innovation award, AIMA—Breakthrough product innovation award in R & D, Rural Marketing—Innovative Ideas for Rural Development, India Good Design Award and Japan Good Design Award 2016.
- The Mega T is available in Nepal through 3S (sales, service, and spares) dealers. Dugar Brothers and Sons Pvt Ltd is the authorized dealer for Kirloskar products in Nepal.