Nepal Local Guides, a Nepal-based edition of a global community of explorers sharing their discoveries on Google Maps, is organizing a mapping event for non-profits to help them represent themselves on Google Maps and tell their stories using mapping tools from Google.
Nepal Local Guides will be partnering with Story Cycle, a forum where people can post their stories and increase the impact of their stories. StoryCycle is also using map-based storytelling tools to promote Stories.
Saroj Dhakal, a regional lead, and Level 5 Local Guide, is a resource person and has been working in Nepal Local Guides for the past 2 years. Mr. Saroj Dhakal says, “As a Local Guide, I want to encourage the participants to promote their businesses on Google Map and get great benefits in return.” He will be facilitating the whole session.
The event will cover the following topics:
- Google Maps
- How to get listed in Google Maps?
- How to Upload Photos in Google Maps?
- How to get verified in Google Maps?
- Usage of 360 Imageries to enhance the experience
- Using Google My Maps to tell stories about their activities
- Using Google Earth and Google Earth Pro for Planning and Actions
- Some interesting use-cases from around the Globe and Google Local Guides