The government has announced to establish Madan Bhandari Science and Technology Academy. The academy is to be established for International academic excellence in the field of science and technology.
- The announcement of the academy was made by Finance Minister Dr. Yubraj Khatiwada while reading out the budget in the joint meeting of the Federal Parliaments.
- According to the budget, the government has allocated Rs. 134 billion for the education sector, including science and technology.
- Similarly, additional Rs. 840 million was allocated for the operation of technical classes in community schools.
- Likewise, University Grant Commission (UGC) will get Rs. 14.36 billion for improving the quality of education of government colleges.
- Meanwhile, the government has allocated Rs. 56.41 billion for the health sector in its annual budget.