Minister for Land Reforms and Management Gopal Dahit laid emphasis on making land administration smooth, transparent and technology-friendly.
Why it matters:
- A two-day workshop was conducted in Itahari on the topic of land reforms, for revenue officers of Province 1 and 2 on 14th Feb 2018. It was organized by the Department of Land Reforms and Management.
- The workshop was inaugurated by Minister Dahit.
- It saw participation from Chief District Officer of Sunsari district, Gopal Prasad Parajuli, Mayor of Itahari Sub-Metropolitan City, Dwarika Lal Chaudhary and others.
- The workshop will aid the revenue officers of province 1 and 2 to be aware of land reform issues.
What they are saying:
- Minister Dahit drew the attention saying, the capital gains tax on land that should be introduced in a transparent and scientific manner to ensure the state’s prosperity.
- He clarified that the campaign to make the future of all Nepali people bright would materialize if land could be utilized as the main resource for making the country prosperous.
- He said he would participate in the workshop and added that all employees working at land reforms and revenue offices should be responsible towards people.