The second speaker of the program was Mr. Krishna Sunuwar, CEO of Ontreat.com. He talked on the topic “Getting started with React JS”. He said “We cannot compare one thing with another because everything has its own value and importance in many ways”. According to Mr. Sunuwar in order to be learn React JS one should have knowledge about following terms:
- HTML, DOM and virtual DOM.
- Props (attributes of React which is useful for unidirectional data-flow)
- State(attribute of React unlike props it is used for multi-directional data-flow)
- Event and Forms
He also gave some logical formula to build webpage using react.
- Have UI mock.
- Break UI into component hierarchy.
- Build static version of React first.
- Identify minimal representation of UI state.
- Identify where state should live.
Last speaker was Mr. Pratik Gautam, UI/UX Developer at Kathmandu Living Labs. In his speech, he talked about how KLL visualized Nepal’s Human Development 2014 using React JS with support from Google. He said “It is easier to look at map and get information rather than looking in table or numeric values”. He also talked about many other projects that his team has developed using React JS.
The KTMJS Developers Meetup was held successfully and hopefully many developers go oppurtunity to learn new things about React JS. This meetup was sponsored by NCIT College, Balkumari and supported by Techlekh, Parewa Labs and Lishn.