KTM 790 Duke is now available in Nepal.
Hansraj Hulaschand & Co. Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of KTM Bikes in Nepal, has announced the launch of KTM 790 Duke. KTM Nepal announced the move practically out of nowhere, surprising most enthusiasts by further expanding its portfolio.
Duke 790 is an iconic beast with powerful performance, mouth-watering features, and most aggressive styling.
It is also known as “The Scalpel” for being devastatingly accurate with agility and cornering precision.
Talking about the pricing, KTM Duke 790 price in Nepal is set at Rs. 23.99 Lakhs!
With its latest debut in the Nepali market, the KTM Scalpel becomes the most expensive KTM superbike in Nepal.
Here is everything one should know about the all-new KTM 790 Duke in Nepal along with its key specifications.
KTM 790 Duke Specifications
- Engine Type: Twin-Cylinder, 4 Stroke, 8 Valve, Liquid Cooled, DOHC
- Emission Standard: BS6
- Displacement: 799 cc
- Cooling System: Liquid Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Self Starter Only
- Max Power: 103.21 PS @ 9000 rpm
- Max Torque: 87 Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Gearbox: 6-Speed (with anti-hopping clutch)
- Top Speed: 220 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 14 liter
- Mileage: 20 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR-17– Disc
- Rear Tyre: 180/55 ZR-17 – Disc
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Dual-Channel ABS (Cornering ABS + Supermoto Mode)
- Suspension Setup: 43mm Open Cartridge USD WP Front and Gas-Assisted WP Rear Monoshock
- Seat Height: 825 mm
- Ground Clearance: 186 mm
- Kerb Weight: 169 kg
- Colors: Black, Orange
KTM Duke 790 Price in Nepal: Rs. 23,99,000
KTM 790 Duke Overview
KTM 790 Duke sports the most aggressive styling among its siblings. It borrows the design inspiration from the legendary KTM 1290 Super Duke.
It blends a perfect mix between the brawny physique and minimalistic character.
On the front, it gets a large multi-LED Headlamp with LED DRLs. It also gets sleek LED side indicators to further boost its appeal.
Talking about the side profile, there are few elements that jump out: muscular fuel tank, high-mounted exhaust, split-seats, and a tapered aluminum handlebar.
Moreover, these are few examples that exhibit tight integration between form and function.
The rear position comes with a unique LED Taillamp, which is quite different than the past Duke iterations.
KTM 790 Duke is available in two different colors: Orange and Black.
KTM 790 Duke is powered by a 799cc, Parallel-Twin-Cylinder, 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled DOHC Engine. It can generate a max power of 103.21PS at 9000rpm and a max torque of 87Nm at 8000rpm.
Moreover, it is mated to a 6-speed gearbox with a PASC Anti-Hopping Clutch.
The engine features the trademark ‘Ride-by-Wire’ with Balancer Shaft.
Other performance-assisting features include Dual-Channel ABS, Quick Shifter+, Motor Slip Regulation (MSR), SuperMoto Mode, Riding Modes, and more!
Duke 790 is a flagship KTM superbike. Unsurprisingly, it boasts a plethora of premium features. Here is a quick list of features.
KTM 790 Duke Feature Highlights
- Twin-Cylinder DOHC FI Engine
- 1290 Duke Inspired Styling
- Multi-LED Headlamp with LED DRLs
- Unique LED Taillamp with LED Side Indicators
- Ride-by-Wire with Balancer Shafts
- Slipper Clutch with QuickShifter
- TFT Dashboard with Multi-Ride Modes
- Stainless Steel High Mounted Exhaust
- Triangular- Shaped Cast Aluminium Subframe with Airbox
- Die-Cast Open-Lattice Swingarm
- MAXXIS Supermaxx ST Tyres
- 43mm Open Cartridge USD WP Front and Gas-Assisted WP Rear Monoshock Suspension
- Dual Disc Braking
- Dual-Channel Bosch 9.1 MP ABS
- Cornering ABS with SuperMoto Mode
- Triple Clamps Handlebar
- Track Mode
- Bosch Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC)
- Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC)
- Motor Slip Regulations (MSR)
KTM 790 Duke Price in Nepal and Availability
KTM Duke 790 price in Nepal is Rs. 23,99,000. Moreover, it is available in a single variant as standard.
Talking about its availability, KTM Nepal has opened bookings for interested individuals.
|KTM 790 Duke||Price in Nepal|
|KTMD 790 Duke||Rs. 2399000|
With this launch, KTM 790 Duke is the most expensive KTM bike in Nepal. It has successfully dethroned KTM 390 Adventure for that position, which was launched just a few months ago.
ALSO READ: KTM Bikes Price in Nepal: Features and Specs
Interestingly, the launch announcement came out of the blue. There wasn’t any teaser or early announcement through their social channels.
The reaction towards the launch has been hilarious, especially with KTM Nepal’s attempt to downplay the price as Rs. 2,399,000.
No one could have imagined it making its way to Nepal just a few years ago.
On a more interesting endnote, KTM Duke 790 has been discontinued for the newer KTM 890 Duke in the international market.
Also, watch our review of Bajaj Dominar 250.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the authorized distributor of KTM 790 Duke in Nepal?
Hansraj Hulaschand & Co. Pvt. Ltd. is the authorized distributor of KTM 790 Duke in Nepal.
What is the price of the KTM 790 Duke in Nepal?
The price of the KTM 790 Duke in Nepal is Rs. 23.99 Lakhs.
Is KTM 790 Duke BS6?
Yes, the new KTM 790 Duke in Nepal is BS6-compliant.
What is the yearly road tax on the new KTM 790 Duke in Nepal?
The yearly road tax on the new KTM 790 Duke in Nepal is Rs. 30,000 per year.