The Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) is in the process of constructing smart parking in order to systematize the traffic system in the valley.
- In the first phase, parking lot will be constructed in New Road.
- According to Chief of KMC Public Private Partnership Mahesh Kafle, the construction of the smart parking lots in other parts of the valley will be based on the effectiveness of the first phase.
- The smart parking would be state of the art and the vehicle owners can ensure their parking areas prior to reaching their parking areas.
- The sensors would examine the vehicles for their regestration number and only the registered vehicles could be parked in the smart parking site, according to KMC.
- KMC to Launch Free WiFi Service at Heritage Sites
- KMC’s New Idea to Curb Pollution: Vending Machines For Waste Management
- KMC Starts Free Wi-Fi zones and CCTV Surveillance in a Few Places