- The majority of the girls attending the workshop were those that had appeared +2 exams and Bachelor’s level students.
- The workshop included various session including ‘The Art of Managing Money’ by Priyasha Maharjan, Director at Samartha Nepal, on ‘Safe Internet Browsing and Online Security’ and ‘Dos and Don’ts of Social Media’ by Binita Shrestha, Co-Founder/CEO at Women in STEM (WiSTEM) Nepal.
Why it matters:
- This campaign aims to make girls familiar with digital transactions, and help them learn management skills, improve their speaking skills, become financially independent.
- This initiative aims to change the mindset that, females don’t understand investments and hence can’t manage finance by preparing girls to be self-dependent.
- The campaign will be provided to 5000 teenage girls of Nepal.
What they are saying:
According to the campaign organizers, “Through this project, we want to empower girls so that they can act as smart agents of change for financial inclusion and literacy, as well as digitization. The project seeks to give much-needed fuel for entrepreneurship and innovation in our emerging economy.”
Khalti Digital Wallet was selected for SPRING Accelerator program. The “Smart Chhoris” campaign is assisted by the SPRING Accelerator program.
- Khalti to Conduct ‘Smart Chhori’ Project to Empower 5000 Adolescent Girls
- Khalti Trends as Top App on Google Play Store
- Get 25% Off on Movie Tickets Bought via Khalti