What they are saying:
In a statement, BSNL said, “Nepal Telecom has increased the termination charges from Rs. 3.15 per minute to Rs. 7.80 per minute with effect from December 1, 2017. This increase in termination charges by Nepal Telecom resulted in an increase of the call rate from India to Nepal (from Rs. 6 per minute to Rs. 12 per minute) with effect from December 12, 2017”.
Why it Matters:
- During the visit of India’s prime minister Narendra Modi to Nepal, it was announced that call rates to Nepal would be reduced in near future.
- In the same context, the Indian government reduced its termination charges from Rs 0.67 to Rs 0.35 per minute, that makes calls from Nepal to India even cheaper. Therefore, calls originating from Nepal to India are a lot cheaper.
- BSNL said, “if Nepal also brings down the termination charges in line then it would benefit consumers calling from India to Nepal.”
- Nepal Telecom Announces New ADSL Tariff
- PM Directs Nepal Telecom Officials to Improve Quality
- #BlockadeWasCrimeMrModi Trends in Twitter
Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer with Google Assistant Launched in NepalExpanding its ecosystem, Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer 3.5L in Nepal on September…
Cheap Tecno Pop 6 with 5MP Camera Launched in NepalTecno has launched Tecno Pop 6 in Nepal. It is an entry-level smartphone. The Tecno…
GoPro Hero 11 Black with Larger 27MP 8:7 Sensor Launched in NepalThe newly announced GoPro Hero 11 Black is now available in Nepal. It was announced…