Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has recently raised an issue regarding high call rate from India to Nepal.
What they are saying:
In a statement, BSNL said, “Nepal Telecom has increased the termination charges from Rs. 3.15 per minute to Rs. 7.80 per minute with effect from December 1, 2017. This increase in termination charges by Nepal Telecom resulted in an increase of the call rate from India to Nepal (from Rs. 6 per minute to Rs. 12 per minute) with effect from December 12, 2017”.
Why it Matters:
- During the visit of India’s prime minister Narendra Modi to Nepal, it was announced that call rates to Nepal would be reduced in near future.
- In the same context, the Indian government reduced its termination charges from Rs 0.67 to Rs 0.35 per minute, that makes calls from Nepal to India even cheaper. Therefore, calls originating from Nepal to India are a lot cheaper.
- BSNL said, “if Nepal also brings down the termination charges in line then it would benefit consumers calling from India to Nepal.”
- Nepal Telecom Announces New ADSL Tariff
- PM Directs Nepal Telecom Officials to Improve Quality
- #BlockadeWasCrimeMrModi Trends in Twitter
Xiaomi 13 Lite with Snapdragon 7 Gen 1, Dual Front Camera Launched in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Xiaomi 13 Lite is now available in Nepal. The phone has a Snapdragon 7…
Yamaha SZ RR Price in Nepal (March 2023 Updated)Highlights Yamaha SZ RR price in Nepal is Rs. 2.71 Lakhs. Yamaha SZ RR is…
Yamaha Bikes Price in Nepal (March 2023 Updated)This is the complete price list for the Yamaha bikes price in Nepal for .…