The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is all set to hold the first capacity development workshop for Asia Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC) members on 24th and 25th of February 2018 in Kathmandu.
The two-day workshop is being organized in cooperation with the ICANN GAC Underserved Regions Working Group, and with the support of Nepal’s Department of Information Technology.
Why it Matters:
- Asia is rapidly developing and has prospects for adding next billion Internet users.
- However, there are still challenges regarding security in Internet access.
- This workshop aims to address those challenges and it will feature key ICANN policy topics and the relevant GAC and cross-community working groups.
- According to ICANN, the opening remarks will be given by Sanjay Sharma, Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, Nepal.
- Almost 20 government representatives from 11 economies in Asia will attend the workshop.
- The topics that will be addressed in the workshop include:
- Understanding the ICANN ecosystem
- Understanding the Internet: names, numbers, protocol parameters
- Security, stability, and resiliency (SSR) of unique Internet identifiers
- ICANN policy development process
One more thing:
The workshop will seek feedback from Asia GAC representatives on how best to support their work and increase their presence in the region and in ICANN.
2024 Tesla Model 3 Highland Debuts in Nepal: Facelifted Electric Marvel!HIGHLIGHTS Tesla Model 3 price in Nepal starts at Rs. 1.35 Crore. It claims a…
Honor Mobile Price in Nepal (February 2024 Updated)Honor is a Chinese smartphone brand majority owned by a state-owned company in Shenzhen. When…
Nepali Citizens can Now get an Indian SIM CardHIGHLIGHTS Nepalese citizens are now eligible to get an Indian SIM card. To obtain, citizens…