Many smartphone companies targeting the Nepali market now have been very competitive. Smartphone companies like Xiaomi with its Redmi Series, the new Gionee A1, Oppo, and Coolpad have started to offer good specs like 4GB RAM and higher storage capacity in a budget price range around Rs. 30,000. Due to this, Huawei, one of the Chinese smartphone manufacturing company, which released its GR5 2017 a couple of months back, with only 3GB of RAM, will be releasing the GR5 2017 variant with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage in Nepal. We can expect the new Huawei GR5 2017 64GB price in Nepal to be under Rs. 35,000 since the 3GB variant is just under Rs. 30,000.
Huawei GR5 2017 64GB Key Specifications
- Display –5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Resolution –1080 x 1920pixels (~428 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset – Kirin 655
- CPU –Octa-core ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor
- GPU –Mali T830-MP2
- Platform –Android OS, v6.0. (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Memory –4GB LPDDR3 RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD
- Primary Camera –12MP + 2MP (AF) rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size
- Secondary Camera –8MP front-facing camera
- Battery –3340mAh battery with support for fast charging
- Sensors– Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Huawei GR5 2017 64GB Price in Nepal (Expected): Rs. 31,000
In my point of view, smartphone companies should sell different variants of the phone – one with low specs as well as one with a high spec which will not limit the customer’s choice. People wanting more should be offered more so that they would not seek for other smartphone options in the market. For some of the customers, the low spec variant of the phone can be a deal breaker situation. So, I think Huawei should soon launch the new higher spec GR5 2017 with price around Rs. 31,000 and should lower the price of the existing GR5 as well.