EICMA Motorcycle Show, an annual event, was recently held in Milan. It’s the most anticipated event for the motorcycle industry, which uses the platform to showcase their best. As expected, there were many motorcycle and scooters alike that tried to capture the attention of the audience.
2020 Kawasaki W800, 2020 Yamaha XSR700, 2020 Yamaha XSR900, 2020 Ducati Streetfighter V4 are just a few of the best showcases at the EICMA Motorcycle Show 2019. But none matched the excitement set forth by Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Honda CRB1000RR-R Fireblade SP.
Both Fireblade and Fireblade SP are more-or-less same sports bike. Plus, they share everything with one another. However, Fireblade SP is slightly more superior, being slightly more track-ready in comparison.
Don’t worry, we’ll go more into that later. Interestingly, the event’s still is happening!
So, we’ll more likely see more awesome showcases in the coming days. Anyways, let’s talk about CBR1000RR-R before Honda decides to add another R.
Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade Overview
Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade is superbike born to race! Finally, Honda’s newest addition to the CBR family brings it a step closer to the iconic RC213V-S street-legal bike. Moreover, Honda has touted RC213V-S’s heavy inspiration on the new Fireblade. Plus, the mix of Blue, Red, and White should make the inspiration crystal clear!
Honda CBR1000RR-R is powered by an incredible 1000cc inline-four-cylinder ultra-compact EURO 5 compliant engine. Moreover, it can generate a max power of 210HP at 14500rpm and max torque of 113Nm at 12500rpm.
Obviously, it uses the centrally mounted ram-air duct in the front fairing to direct airflow directly into the airbox. Likewise, Throttle by Wire performance is enhanced, improving in both low-rpm torque and high-rpm power.
Honda has given it a new aluminum diamond frame. This uses the rear of the engine as the upper shock mount. Furthermore, the new swingarm is also longer, taking heavy inspiration from the RC213V-S design. Plus, it comes with a larger 200/55-ZR17 rear tire.
Moving onto the suspension setup, you get Showa’s 43mm Big Piston Fork (BPF) matched with a Showa Balance Free Rear Cushion Light (BFRC-L). Likewise, you can see that the front discs are 10mm larger in diameter and matched with new Nissin four-piston radial-mounted calipers. Plus, you can adjust the ABS track riding (sport/track).
Are there any new features?
Oh, believe me! There are plenty of features we could talk about. But we’ll go over some important ones.
You get Bosch six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), Full-color TFT dash, Standard Launch Controls, Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), and three ride modes with option to customize Power, Braking, and Wheelie control.
Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP: What’s Different?
Most of the elements in Fireblade and Fireblade SP are the same. Essentially, both bikes are eerily similar with a few key differences: Brembo and Ohlins.
Fireblade SP features Ohlins Electronic Control (S-EC) which comes with a front 43mm Ohlins NPX fork and rear Ohlins TTX36 Smart-EC unit. Practically, the upgraded setup provides a much finer suspension. Additionally, SP also features Brembo Stylema four-piston radial-mount brake calipers. Interestingly, the rear brake calipers are the same on used in RC231V-S!
So, Honda CRB1000RR-R Fireblade SP is a little more track-oriented compared to its other sibling.
What do you think about Honda’s latest reveal at EICMA Motorcycle Show 2019? Do share your thoughts in the comments down below!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- OnePlus Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsOnePlus is a Chinese smartphone maker that focuses on performance over anything else. Its parent…
- Honda CB350 RS Gets a Price Hike in Nepal – Rs. 23,000 Expensive!Honda CB350 RS is now more expensive in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Launching Next Week in Nepal!Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is set to launch soon in Nepal. Samsung unveiled the Samsung…