The government has already issued embossed number plates to almost 500 vehicles but has yet to start the tracking system for those vehicles.
The US-based Decatur Tiger IT, the contractor appointed by the government to install tracking mechanism in different routes, is yet to start installing the tracking systems.
Why it Matters:
The embossed number plating system if implemented successfully can aid the government to track vehicles and thus control vehicle-related crimes. However, since it has not been implemented yet, it has not made a significant difference in the country.
What they are saying:
- “The process to install the tracking system has been delayed. However, the contractor has committed to complete installation of such system on the country’s roads as soon as possible,” said an official of the Department of Transport Management (DoTM).
- The official added that the tracking system will be implemented as soon as ‘tracking gates’, also called ‘sensor gates’, are installed in different planned locations.
- “We have already shown the planned sites to the contractor and the contractor is expected to start the process to install ‘sensor gates’ soon,” added the DoTM official.
- DoTM has planned to install tracking gates in Thankot, Bhaktapur, Sankhu, Balkhu and the entry point to Kathmandu from Nuwakot within the Valley and 5 more along major highways across the country.
- A Total of 454 Vehicles Given Embossed Number Plates
- DoTM Lacks Necessary Technology to Utilize Embossed Number Plates
- Private Vehicles Must Install Embossed Number Plates Within This Fiscal
- Runaway Criminals to be Caught More Easily
Reall all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro with 24-bit Hi-Fi and Enhanced ANC Launching Soon in NepalAlong with the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z flip 4, Samsung also…
Bike Repairs Nepal Introduces Smart Garage Two-Wheeler Service CenterSmart Garage service is now available in Nepal. Bike Repairs Nepal Pvt. Ltd. is the…
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 with Bigger Battery UnveiledSamsung unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, the successor of the most popular foldable…