This year even with telecom companies producing different international packages, the revenue from international calls fell down by 20 percent globally, reports My Republica.
- This fall has been credited to wider use of internet and cheaper charge for internet services.
- Moreover, many applications such as Facebook, Viber, Whatsapp provide both audio and video services free of charge and allow unlimited talk time.
- Nepali telecoms aren’t faring any better. Nepal Telecom had a 20% fall in revenue from international call while Ncell had a fall of 19.6%.
- Both companies are however facing a huge rise in data usage with the introduction of 4G networks.
- Ncell Data Usage Grows by 130%
- Nepal Telecom Launches India Call Pack
- Revenue of the Telecom Service Provider Companies Declining
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Zeeho AE8 Officially Launched in Nepal: Priced Aggressively!HIGHLIGHTS Zeeho AE8 price in Nepal is Rs. 4.90 Lakhs. It is an electric scooter…
ISPs in Nepal Quietly Raise Prices of Their Base Internet PlansHIGHLIGHTS ISPs in Nepal silently increase the prices of base internet plans, ending the price…
Govt. Imposes Rs. 10,000 Tax on iPhones and Phones Above 1 Lakh Brought from AbroadHIGHLIGHTS Mobile phones imported from abroad and priced above 1 lakh will be subject to…