It has been over a year since the government had directed fuel transporters to install high tech security locking system in their vehicles. But over 55 percent of the tankers that transport petroleum products all over the country are yet to install the systems, reports The Himalayan Times.
- In November of 2016, Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) had directed the transporters to install the locking system at the earliest.
- However, out of almost 1800 tankers in this business, only 800 tankers have installed the system.
Why it matters:
- As the high tech security locking system can only be unlocked at the depots of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and NOC, it will prevent the increasing oil pilferage in the country.
What they are saying:
- According to Khageswor Bohora, president of Nepal Petroleum Transporters’ Federation (NPTF), unavailability of sufficient technical manpower and the required system equipment in the country has slowed down the lock fitting process.
- However, he also said that they system would be installed in all tankers by the end of the fiscal year.
Hero Scooters Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsThis is the complete price list for the Hero Scooters in Nepal. NGM, the authorized…
Foton Tunland E+ Review: Justifying New Price with New Features!Pros Muscular Pickup Styling New and Refined Engine More Power, More Torque Revamped Interior Quality…
Hero Bikes Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsThis is the complete list of Hero bikes price in Nepal. NGM Pvt. Ltd., the…