The Hartford Professional Chapter of Engineers Without Borders USA worked on a project in Sabhung village that provided easy and safe access to drinking water to the village residents.
- Back in 2014, the Hartford Professional Chapter of Engineers without Borders USA started a project in Sabhung village in Tanahun to build a pipeline to move drinking water up a mountainside. The project provided Sabhug’s 800 residents access to drinking water in an easier and safer manner.
- Last year, the group made a follow-up visit to the project site, to see if the project was operational. Then the project was officially wrapped up.
Why it matters:
- People living in the mountain region of Nepal still do not have proper and safe access to drinking water. In order to get drinking water, people have to travel a significant way on the steep mountainside, and they have to carry heavy containers back to their place of residence.
- The result of the project was a solar powered water pumping system that brings water to the village through a series of sequenced holding tanks located on strategic points in the village. So, the villagers can get access to water via those seven tanks or access points.
- Majority of the engineers who took part in the project worked for Pratt & Whitney in East Hartford. Since there was a language barrier between them and the citizens, they worked with translators provided by Namlo International.
- The working conditions for the engineers were very challenging at the time, with no cell phone and Internet connection and only access to electricity at irregular intervals.
- According to Tom Rebbecchi, a materials engineer at Pratt, the funds from the project are mostly arranged from fundraisers and grants from major companies.
Royal Enfield Expands Assembly Operations to Nepal: Birgunj Facility Now Operational!HIGHLIGHTS Royal Enfield CKD Unit expands local assembly operation to Nepal. CKD Unit in Birgunj…
Revamped Budget for Riders: Major Tax Cuts for Higher CC Bikes in Nepal!HIGHLIGHTS Govt has reduced excise duty on 200cc-400cc motorcycles. It has also reduced Road Development…
Royal Enfield Bikes Price in Nepal (June 2023 Updated)This is the complete price list for the Royal Enfield bikes in Nepal for .…