An electric bus, eBuzz K6, was recently launched in India by Ananth Geete, Union minister for heavy Industries and public enterprises. A joint venture between Goldstone Infratech and BYD Auto Industry, resulted in the development of the bus. The bus is a zero-emission electric feeder.
Why it matters:
- This joint venture will deliver five units of the 18-seater bus to Nepal, which is likely to be launched in the coming months.
- Even though the buses are yet to arrive, they are already planned to be used on the Lumbini Tourism lines once they arrive in Nepal.
- Goldstone Infratech is a Hyderabad-based bus maker and BYD Auto Industry is a Chinese electric vehicle maker.
- According to BYD-Goldstone, eBuzz K6 is expected to debut in Bengaluru, Delhi, Chandigarh, Goa, Rajkot, and Hyderabad in the next few months.
- The lithium-ion batteries that are used for manufacturing e-buses are currently being imported from China. However, India has plans to start manufacturing the batteries themselves.
What they are saying:
Zhang Jie, executive director of BYD India said that they were greatly encouraged by the quality of electric buses that are being manufactured in India by Goldstone and these manufacturing facilities in India will be used for export to SAARC Countries. Adding that they were committed to making vehicles that are not only environment-friendly but also help in greatly reducing the carbon footprint.
- 20 Thousand Electric Rickshaws Imported in Last Fiscal
- Nepal Government Purchases its First Electric Vehicle to Counter Pollution
- Electric Vehicles, The Right Choice for Nepal?
Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer with Google Assistant Launched in NepalExpanding its ecosystem, Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer 3.5L in Nepal on September…
Cheap Tecno Pop 6 with 5MP Camera Launched in NepalTecno has launched Tecno Pop 6 in Nepal. It is an entry-level smartphone. The Tecno…
GoPro Hero 11 Black with Larger 27MP 8:7 Sensor Launched in NepalThe newly announced GoPro Hero 11 Black is now available in Nepal. It was announced…