An electric bus, eBuzz K6, was recently launched in India by Ananth Geete, Union minister for heavy Industries and public enterprises. A joint venture between Goldstone Infratech and BYD Auto Industry, resulted in the development of the bus. The bus is a zero-emission electric feeder.
Why it matters:
- This joint venture will deliver five units of the 18-seater bus to Nepal, which is likely to be launched in the coming months.
- Even though the buses are yet to arrive, they are already planned to be used on the Lumbini Tourism lines once they arrive in Nepal.
- Goldstone Infratech is a Hyderabad-based bus maker and BYD Auto Industry is a Chinese electric vehicle maker.
- According to BYD-Goldstone, eBuzz K6 is expected to debut in Bengaluru, Delhi, Chandigarh, Goa, Rajkot, and Hyderabad in the next few months.
- The lithium-ion batteries that are used for manufacturing e-buses are currently being imported from China. However, India has plans to start manufacturing the batteries themselves.
What they are saying:
Zhang Jie, executive director of BYD India said that they were greatly encouraged by the quality of electric buses that are being manufactured in India by Goldstone and these manufacturing facilities in India will be used for export to SAARC Countries. Adding that they were committed to making vehicles that are not only environment-friendly but also help in greatly reducing the carbon footprint.
- 20 Thousand Electric Rickshaws Imported in Last Fiscal
- Nepal Government Purchases its First Electric Vehicle to Counter Pollution
- Electric Vehicles, The Right Choice for Nepal?
Graphic Designers in Nepal Raise Concern Over Plagiarism, Suggest Brands to be SensibleRecently, a reputed scooter brand copied an artwork of Indra Jatra and published it in…
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max Now Available for Pre-Order in Nepal, Price Starts at Rs. 1.89 LakhsPre-orders for the Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max are now open in Nepal. It is…
Apple iPhone 13 Now Available for Pre-Order in Nepal, Price Starts at Rs. 1.54 LakhsApple iPhone 13 is now available for pre-order in Nepal. It was first unveiled during…
Ramailo Games: One of a Kind Gaming Platform in Nepal, Win Prizes during Ramailo MahotsavThe global eSports industry is thriving and the pandemic has boosted user engagement more than…