Gokarneshwor Municipality has become the first municipality in Nepal to use drones for urban planning.
- The drones capture high quality aerial images that can be used for survey, infrastructure development and urban planning.
- The project is being performed in partnership with Structure Design and Services, Dronepal, and Naxa.
- It is also being significantly supported by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and Angelswing, a smart drone startup.
Why this Matters:
- Gokarneshwor Municipality is one of the quickly urbanizing municipality of Kathmandu valley.
- Traditional survey techniques take a long time and are not as qualitative. Also, it can be very costly. Similarly, urban planning with the Satellite images leads to not that of a detailed image.
- Drone can come to a rescue here, providing clear, high quality, highly detailed images quickly and inexpensively.
- Dronenepal, one of the company involved in the project, is the first Nepali drone service company which has been providing drone services since 2016.
What they are saying:
- As per Uttam Pudasaini, Co-ordinator of Nepal Flying Labs and Founder of Naxa Pvt. Ltd., drones can help in surveying geographical terrains that are difficult to access by foot, and can also help in monitoring projects in high resolution.
- Mahabir Pun’s National Innovation Centre Tests Medi-copters to Treat Patients in Remote Areas
- Home Ministry Plans to Use Drones For Surveillance Along Border
- Nepal Flying Labs Among Winners of the First Humanitarian AUVSI XCELLENCE Award
Big News: McDonald’s Launches Delivery Service in Nepal with FoodmanduHIGHLIGHTS McDonald’s has partnered with Foodmandu to exclusively deliver its menu items in Nepal. Nepali…
Honda Aviator 110 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Aviator price in Nepal is Rs. 2.35 Lakhs. It is available in a…
Honda Unicorn 150 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Unicorn 150 price in Nepal is Rs. 3.08 Lakhs. It comes in Black,…